"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:3-6

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

29


Tuesday, August 11th, was my 29th bday! Wow! I can't believe it - I know that many of you will think I'm just a baby, but there's just something about that number 29. I finally feel older for the first time. I guess it's just that it's my last year in the 20's. I'm not quite sure how I feel about 30 to tell you the truth. However, despite all this, I had the best birthday I've had in years. I enjoyed myself so much! My mom and dad kept the girls, and I had the whole day to myself. I just did whatever I wanted to do. It was so refreshing! I got a pedicure and had my hair done. I felt really pampered! When Jordan got home, we went out to dinner and then to the movies to see Julie & Julia. We enjoyed ourselves so much. My gift this year was a guitar. I've always wanted to learn to play. When I was in college, I picked it up a little, but didn't follow through. I've always wished I had. So, my brother Neal helped me so much- He helped me find an awesome guitar that is so beautiful! Hopefully, I will be able to play decently before too long! Then, on Friday, my parents took Jordan and me to Houston to eat at Pappadeaux (my favorite) and see Christy Nockels in concert. She was opening up for Phillips, Craig, and Dean. Christy Nockels is my favorite singer/songwriter. She is amazing! During intermission, I got to talk to her at her table. I was trying so hard not to overwhelm her with compliments and to be normal, but I think I couldn't help myself. I just told her how great she is and how much I love her songs. Oh well - hopefully she needed to hear it! It was so exciting to talk face to face with the person who's songs have meant so much to me. I had met her before awhile back when she and her husband were the band Watermark, so this was my second time. I have a funny feeling that our paths will cross again and again! She is definitely one of my main musical inspirations. I felt like God was just smiling on my this year on my birthday. It has been an especially hard year with a new baby, finances, deaths of my Granddad and Jordan's Grandmother, health issues, and a move - Whew! I just felt like God was showering blessings and goodness on me to say that He loves me SOOO much. Christy Nockels was just the icing on my cake - literally! Thanks Christy for letting me post this picture of us!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Mandy!! So happy that it was a great one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete